how to sleep better

Tuesday, January 12, 2016



As you could probably of guessed from the title todays post will be a guide on how to sleep better!
over the past few days I have realised how important sleep is and I did a little experiment on myself so one school night I kept myself awake until 2:30am and woke up again at 7:00am my usual morning line up (sorry had to be done) then the next night I went to bed at 11pm and again woke up at 7am the difference is the night I went to sleep at 11pm I performed better in school as I had full concentration where as when I went to bed at 2:30am I couldn't get my self up, I wasn't concentrating in class because I was tired and by 4:00pm I was absolutely shattered and I had gymnastics till 8:00pm after that too and let me tell you that wasn't the best gym session i've ever had

so most of you are probably wondering so how do you make yourself sleep earlier if your not tired? and I have the answer right here for you

1. put on your pyjamas make sure they are comfy and not tight and uncomfortable remember the baggier the better.

2.get yourself a warm drink preferably something without to much caffeine in it so stay away from coffee, latte, espresso keep it simple like some tea or a hot chocolate you could even have a glass of warm milk, warm milk is meant to calm you down and make you sleepier hence why babies are given there milk warm.

3.go to the toilet, nothing is worse when you get super comfy in bed and you need the toilet so you have to get up then when you try and get back in your comfortable position it just doesn't work its so frustrating

4. grab a hot water bottle if its a little bit chilly in your room and put it on the back of your neck wrapped in something obviously so you don't burn your neck

5. block out as much sound as you can unless you find it easier to fall asleep to a little bit of background noise then that's fine, usually I like it completely silent but if its raining I live to listen to it for some reason the sound of rain on my window relaxes me and calms me down

6. try and sleep in as much darkness as possible this will block you from any distractions around the room and plus darkness is again meant to relax you

7. take deep breaths, so basically you must try to relax yourself as much as possible to be able to sleep 

8. continue relaxing until you fall asleep!

that's it for this post I hope you found it useful don't forget to follow me on twitter the link should be to the right somewhere and I've just made a instagram account for my blog so go follow me on there too! its @lifestyle_wonderlandxx

thank you and goodbye!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments